Electric & Water Outage Inf​ormation




Electric Information
To report a power outage or partial outage, please call our customer service line at 386-427-1361 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. During other times, please call our Electric Department dispatcher directly at 386-427-1366.  

If you suspect your home or business has a power outage or partial outage, you may want to check the circuit breakers to see if they have been tripped before calling the Utilities Commission - see information below additional help.

During times of widespread outages and/or when a dispatcher is not immediately available, the Utilities Commission utilizes an Electric Emergency Reporting System.
Customers who call the above listed number will hear a recorded message that gives known outages at the time. If you hear your area listed, there is no need to leave a phone number or message. If you don’t hear the area you are calling about, leave your phone number and/or message. If we have a current phone number on file, your name and address will appear on our screen so we can see where the problem is and there is no need to leave a message. However, you will always have an option to do so. You may want to call customer service or stop by to make sure we have your updated contact information on file.

 Resetting a Breaker
1. Open your breaker box and look at your breaker switches, You will know a breaker is "tripped" when the lever is halfway between the "On" and "Off" positions.
2. Reset the breaker by switching it all the way off, then back on.
Note: If the breaker for your air conditioner is tripped, wait five minutes before resetting it. Doing this will prevent motor damage to your air conditioning unit. If the breaker trips again, do not reset it. You may have a serious electrical problem. Contact an electrician.

 Resetting a Main Breaker
If power is completely out at your home or business, but neighbors or nearby businesses are not affected, you may have tripped a main breaker.
1. Turn off all circuit breakers inside your breaker box.
2. Find the main breaker switch, often located near the electric meter outside your home or in your breaker box.
3. Reset the switch by turning it off and on two times.
4. Turn all breakers back to "On" inside the breaker box.

Water Information
 If you are experiencing a problem with any of your water services (potable water, sewer or reclaimed water) during our normal business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., M-F), please call Customer Service at 386-427-1361. If you are having an after hours emergency regarding any of your water services, please call 386-427-1368.

Information About Precautionary Boil Water Notices: The Department of Health has stated that the need for a Precautionary Boil Water Notice is determined on a case by case basis. In general, however, they are issued when water service is off or loses all pressure for an extended period of time, or if the outage affects multiple connections or if it services a sensitive location like schools, food service or health care facilities.
A rolling boil for one minute is sufficient to kill any bacteria that may have entered a non-pressurized main, so that the product is safe for drinking or food preparation.  

Precautionary Boil Water Notices are hand delivered to each and every address affected.  Immediately upon fixing the problem, Water Treatment Plant operators take samples which are treated by our chemist and then read at the end of 24 hours. A second day’s sample is also taken, which has to incubate for 24 hours and then is read. Once we give an “all clear” bacteriological result for both days, water staff is standing by to blanket the affected area with Rescission Notices indicating that you can resume drinking without boiling.

Please also keep in mind that for any situations that affect more than 1,000 homes/businesses, the Precautionary Boil Water Notice may come in the form of a radio or newspaper announcement and/or a telephone call.

We always use the utmost caution in preventing any possible water contamination as we do maintenance or repairs. You should also keep in mind that many of our water line breaks are caused by a third party undertaking construction. Over the many years, it has been our experience that the service interruptions do not introduce contaminants into your drinking water.

UCNSB always recommends having a shut-off valve for your water line on the outside of your home. Be sure to shut off the water if you are leaving for an extended period of time, or if you have a water leak inside your home. If you do not have a shut-off valve on the outside of your home, contact UCNSB at the phone numbers above to shut off the water at your meter box.